Refurbishment of the rail Liberec – Turnov, CZ
The existing stone arch was in bad condition after over 155 years of service so it has been decided the structure would be replaced by a new arch structure. The ABM precast arch was chosen as the best system in terms of durability (simply reinforced concrete) and speed of construction, which is critical item on any rail works. ABM installed the structure incl wingwalls in just 16 hours.
- CLIENT SZDC (Czech Rails)
- YEAR 2015
- INSTALATION12/08/2015 – 13/08/2015
- CONSULTANTSudop Praha a.s.
- CONTRACTOREurovia CS a.s. (Vinci member)
- SCOPEDesign, manufacture and installation of a new precast arch
- STRUCTUREPrecast ABM arch and wingwalls
- SPAN4,1m clean
- HEIGHT5,2m clean
- LENGTH10,0m as 4 rings by 2,5m and the precast wingwalls